There are 12 initial cell salts that are the result of Dr. Schuessler’s research. His research led him to the conclusion that when the human cell is reduced to ashes, there are only twelve minerals left. These twelve minerals are the twelve cell salts also called Schuessler salts, since he discovered them.
There are an additional 21 cell salts for a total of 33 cell salts in all. These cell salts are beneficial for so many things, from acute conditions to chronic conditions.
The initial 12 are:
- No. 1 Calcarea fluorica (Calc Fluor)
- vessel and elasticity
- No. 2 Calcarea phosphorica (Calc Phos)
- bone health and regeneration
- No. 3 Calcarea sulphurica (Calc Sulph)
- blood cleanser
- No. 4 Ferrum phosphoricum (Ferrum Phos)
- first aid and fever
- No. 5 Kali muriaticum (Kail Mur)
- inflammation and mucus
- No. 6 Kali phosphoricum (Kali Phos)
- nerves and stress
- No. 7 Kali sulphuricum (Kali Sulph)
- skin and metabolism
- No. 8 Magnesium phosphoricum (Mag Phos)
- nerve and muscle relaxant
- No. 9 Natrum muriaticum (Nat Mur)
- fluid regulation
- No. 10 Natrum phosphoricum (Nat Phos)
- acid neutralizer
- No. 11 Natrum sulphuricum (Nat Sulph)
- water eliminator and purification
- No. 12 Silicea (Silica)
- cleanse and condition
The additional 21 are:
- No 13 Potassium arsenite (Kali Ars)
- vitality and skin
- No 14 Potassium bromide (Kali Brom)
- nervous system
- No 15 Potassium iodide (Kali Iod)
- metabolism and psyche
- No 16 Lithium chloride (Lith Mur)
- No 17 Manganese sulfate (Mang Sulph)
- formation of blood
- No 18 Calcium sulfide (Calc Sulf)
- body weight
- No 19 Copper arsenite (Cuprum Ars)
- No 20 Alum (Kali Alum Sulph)
- skin and muscles
- No 21 Zinc chloride (Zinc Mur)
- wounds and immune system
- No 22 Calcium carbonate (Calc Carb)
- No 23 Sodium bicarbonate (Nat Bicarb)
- No 24 Arsenic iodide (Ars Iod)
- No 25 Aurum chloride sodium (Aurum Mur Nat)
- gynecological disorders
- No 26 Selenium (Selenium)
- cell protection
- No 27 Potassium dichromate (Kali Dichrom)
- sugar metabolism
- No 28 Sodium vanadinicum (Nat-vad)
- No 29 Cobaltum metallicum (Cob)
- anemia and thyroid
- No 30 Niccolum sulfuricum (Nicc-s)
- anemia and diabetes
- No 31 Stannum metallicum (Stann)
- regulation of gastric acid
- No 32 Sodium tetraboracicum / Borax (Bor)
- bone loss
- No 33 Molybdenum sulfuratum (Moly-s)
- iron metabolism
What are cell salts?
Cell salts are formulated in homeopathic microdoses, so very different than taking a mega dose of the mineral. These mircodoses aid the body in building, detoxifying, and improving metabolic function of tissues as well as slowing down the oxidation and aging process of tissues.
How to determine which ones are needed
There are several different ways to determine what cell salts the body needs. There are emotional cues to look for, things to look for in the face as well as other symptoms that can be a sign that a person needs a specific cell salt. Colds, flus, fevers and allergies also indicate specific cell salts depending on the symptoms present.
How to take cell salts
There are different forms of cell salts, some are liquid, some are pellets or tablets. How they are used are going to depend on what the goal is with using the cell salt(s).
For acute conditions one may dose every 15 minutes for an hour.
For chronic conditions a dose is generally taken 3-4 times a day.
The tablets can be dissolved under the toungue like the pellets or they can be chewed. Another option is to dissolve the pellets or tablets in water and then sip on the mixture.
In both acute and chronic conditions the cell salts, just like homeopathics should be taken a minimum or 30 minutes before or after eating, drinking or brushing your teeth. (Of course, it always better to just take them when you are able even if it does not follow the rules to the book, then to skip them totally.)
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission should you use my links. Read my full disclaimer here. Thank you!
Homeopathics and cell salts are sensitive to strong smells so store them away from any strong smells such as essential oils. They should also be kept away from radiation. This includes things such as wifi routers, cell phones, microwaves and smart meters.
There are several different cell salt brands. The ones that I use are Hylands, I and E Organics and Best Made. Of these companies I and E Organics is the only company that offers all of the 33 cell salts.
Follow along for more information on each of the individual cell salts.